Digital marketing is a term applied when products or services are promoted using digital technologies, such as; the Internet, mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium.
Why do people market?
Regardless of the size or type of your business, you’ll probably want to market it for people to know your brand, to create expectations around it, or, ultimately, to get people to buy the products or services you offer.
Why should you consider digital marketing?
Digital marketing offers companies a number of very useful and unique advantages:
- Advanced options segmentation: Segmentation is one of the most important advantages of Internet marketing, offering you the chance to show your ads to specific audiences. On Facebook, for example, people share their true identities, interests, important events, etc. With over a billion active Facebook users, marketers can target their ads to the types of people who are most interested in them on commercial terms.
- Controls the schedule and budget of ads: With digital marketing via the Internet , you can control the schedule and budget of the ads you post. Most Internet tools also allow you to select the location and format in which the ads will be displayed. Digital ads also offer greater flexibility than traditional advertising. On Facebook, for example, you can update the calendar and budget of your ad at any time.
- Ad tracking and performance results: Digital marketing lets you know the performance of your ads in real time. Thus, if they have poor performance, you can deactivate them. Also, if a particular ad has excellent performance, you can increase your budget to reach more people. On Facebook, you can also use what we call “Facebook pixel” to know who saw your ads and what actions they performed.
How to know if digital ads are effective?
Digital advertising platforms offer tools to help you measure the effectiveness of your campaign and find out the benefits you’re getting from advertising investment.
Here are some tips to understand the results of your ads and set goals to improve them:
- Did you reach the right people?: Compare the audience you established with the results you observe. If the people in your targeted audience match the people who are interacting with the ad, that’s a good sign. If there are people who are not in this audience who see the ad, you may need to adjust the audience. For example, it may be convenient to select a more specific audience.
- How much did you spend per share?: Results should show how much you paid per share in the ad. For example, if you spent $ 25 on a campaign and got 60 clicks, the cost per click is about $ 0.41. Over time, the ideal would be to increase the number of shares and reduce the cost of each share.
- Did you spend the amount you had budgeted for?: Even if you set a budget amount, you may not spend everything if the ad is not being delivered to your audience. Factors such as low bids or ad quality can also affect delivery. If you notice that you do not usually spend the amount of the budget, reconsider the amount that you set.
With digital marketing, you can reach the right people, with the right message and at the right time. You will no longer have to rely on people to notice your poster, see your ad in the 30 second advertisement or find your ad hidden in the pages of a local publication, making it an ideal solution for effective promotion.